Guangzhou residents stand in line for a COVID-19 test. [Photo by Zheng Erqi/chinadaily.com.cn]
The transmission chain in the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak in Guangzhou, Guangdong province has by far been clear and the outbreak remains controllable, a health official from the city said on Tuesday.
The city reported 10 confirmed COVID-19 patients and three asymptomatic carriers between 6 pm on Monday and 3 pm on Tuesday, with the cumulative number of infected people reaching 74 since April 8, said Chen Bin, deputy director of the city's health commission at a news conference.
The infected people so far have mainly been detected in lockdown, controlled and precautionary zones, although hidden transmission chains cannot be ruled out, said Zhang Zhoubin, Party chief of the Guangzhou disease control and prevention center, adding epidemic control measures in the coming days would be very important.
The government of Baiyun district, where some areas have been listed as lockdown, controlled or precautionary zones, has logged people with special medical needs and arranged personnel to serve those people, said Yang Yanze, executive deputy chief of the district.
More than 1,100 such cases have been taken care of, with 54 pregnant women in the controlled zones having given birth smoothly, he said.
More than 10,000 workers of State-owned enterprises and institutions a day on average have served at frontline posts to help control the outbreak, including those helping in lockdown, controlled and precautionary zones, said Chen Jiangzheng, an official of the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of Guangzhou.
State-owned enterprises and institutions of the city have beefed up food supply across the city, he said.