The Guangzhou Development District Xiqu Industrial Park belongs to and is also the birthplace of the Guangzhou Economic and Technological Development District, one of the first economic and technological development districts approved by the State in 1984. It is located at the southern end of Huangpu district, and in the triangle of the Pearl River and the Dongjiang River. Its planned area is 9.6 square kilometers, 6 square kilometers of which is industrial land.
The park is home to more than 4,100 enterprises and is an important manufacturing cluster in the Guangzhou Development District. Industries such as fine chemicals and food and beverages are the mainstays of the Park. There are 121 industrial enterprises above designated size. They had a total output value of 98.6 billion yuan in 2017, accounting for 17.21 percent of that of the Guangzhou Development District, and 13.2 percent of that of Huangpu district; there are 173 commercial enterprises above designated size, which had total sales volume of 75 billion Yuan in 2017, accounting for 13.5 percent of that in Huangpu district. The tax revenue of the Park was 15.022 billion yuan in 2017, 26.1 percent of that of the Guangzhou Development District and 18.33 percent of that of Huangpu district.
Cluster of leading-edge trade, production, and logistics enterprises
The park has gathered 57 Fortune 500 companies, including manufacturing enterprises such as P&G, Amway, Wrigley, Colgate, Honda, Carl Zeiss Vision, Pacific Tinplate, and ICI, and trade enterprises like Toyota Tsusho, Mitsubishi, Marubeni, Itochu, Xianjin, and JFE. In addition, a number of other well-known enterprises at home and abroad are stationed in the Park, including electronic communication and machinery manufacturing enterprises Comba Telecom, Elec & Eltek, FIC, and Herrenknecht AG, pharmaceutical enterprises Bayer and Fresenius Kabi, transportation enterprises COSCO Shipping, COSCO-NYK Joint-venture Automobile Shipping, Daejeon Logistics, and Steinweg Logistics, and GLP Warehousing, and business enterprises Gome, Yihai Grain and Oil, and PTMC.
Complete supporting industries
1. Superior modern logistics industry support
The two special supervision areas, Guangzhou Bonded Zone and Guangzhou Export Processing Zone, have been operating for 23 years and 15 years respectively. Import and export services such as customs declaration, customs inspection and supply chain support in the Park are perfectly organized.
2. Outstanding port support for trade
Huangpu Customs, the Huangpu Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau and the National Key Laboratory of Food Safety Testing-South China Alcohol Testing Center (the only national food testing laboratory outside Shanghai) are all located in the Xiqu Industrial Park, which greatly facilitates import and export trade.
3. All-round land, sea and air transportation facilities
(1) The park is only 40 minutes' drive from Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, one of China's largest international airports. Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport has more than 100 international routes to major cities around the world, with more than 580 international flights per week.
(2) The park has 81 port berths (17 berths above 10,000 tons), a coastline of 9,374 meters, and three first-class ports: Xingang Terminal, Guangzhou Container Terminal and Yihai Grain and Oil Terminal. Among them, Xingang Terminal has two 70,000-ton and three 30,000-ton bulk and break-bulk berths, which makes it one of the largest ports in South China, and an annual handling capacity of more than 21 million tons; Guangzhou Container Terminal has six dedicated container berths. Every week, there are direct international liners departing for the Red Sea, Southeast Asia, Japan, South Korea and other important ports. Goods can be transported to the rest of the world through Nansha, Hong Kong and Singapore. There are five second-class ports: Guangbaotong Terminal (connected to Guangzhou Bonded Zone), Dongjiang Container Terminal, the Provincial Material Terminal, Dongjiangkou Terminal and Sinotrans Dongjiang Warehouse Terminal, where a large number of barges come from and go to overseas and domestic ports such as Hong Kong. The Park is 5 kilometers away from Xinsha Port, 45 kilometers from Nansha Port, 95 kilometers from Shenzhen Yantian Port and 110 kilometers from Hong Kong. It can quickly access land and waterways.
(3) The park is adjacent to the Guangzhou Railway Hub. The Xingang Terminal is equipped with a railway marshalling station and is connected to the Guangzhou-Shenzhen Railway via a special line.
(4) The Park can quickly access the East Second Ring Expressway, North Second Ring Expressway, Guangzhou-Shenzhen Expressway, Guangzhou-Shenzhen Riverside Expressway, Guangzhou-Huizhou Expressway, Guangzhou-Heyuan Expressway, Guangzhou-Shantou Expressway, and the Guangzhou-Dongguan Expressway.
Complete life support
The living facilities in the park are complete. There are residential communities such as Qingnian, Puhui and Donghui, supporting educational institutions such as a first kindergarten, a second kindergarten, a primary school, and a secondary school, as well as medical institutions such as the Hospital of Guangzhou Development District. Other facilities and attractions providing business, catering, cultural and entertainment services are Qingnian Road Pedestrian Street, the Pearl Hotel, and the Sports Center.
Priorities in industrial development and investment attraction
The park mainly focus on the development of fine chemicals, food and beverage, cross-border e-commerce, cross-border automobile trade and other modern service industries, and aims to build an international high-end industrial cluster that facilitates the world's top 500 enterprises in carrying out foreign trade.
Focus of investment attraction: 1. manufacturing projects such as fine chemicals, foods and beverages, cross-border e-commerce projects and bonded logistics projects; 2. converting old factories to promote industrial transformation and upgrading and introduce new projects.
The Management Committee of Guangzhou Development District has established the Management Committee of the Xiqu Industrial Park (under the Bonded Business Administration), which is responsible for investment promotion, economic development, and enterprise service in the Xiqu Industrial Park, the Bonded Zone, the Bonded Logistics Park, and the Export Processing Zone. It also coordinates the development and construction of the park; assists in the implementation of the policy measures of the Management Committee to promote economic growth; and undertakes other matters assigned by the Party Working Committee, the Management Committee and the higher authorities of Guangzhou Development District.